Start Date: June 2019
Positions Available: 1
Location: Church & Remote
The Worship Leader at Venture Community Church will be a dedicated and accountable leader for worship during all services including rehearsals, worship team training, and events.
The Worship Leader will point people towards Jesus through the medium of art and music by overseeing the vision, planning, execution and overall quality of the worship gatherings along with and under the leadership of the Pastor(s). They should lead by example, and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. They should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. They should be a team player and follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being willing to put the needs of others in front of their own. In all of their actions, they should be positive and supportive of the Mission, Core Values, and the Vision of our church.
Submit examples of Worship style and samples of leading worship via video, etc. (if available).
- Lead worship on the weekends.
- Lead worship in additional ministries during the week and events as needed.
Staff and Volunteer Development
- Help recruit, develop, schedule and lead volunteers.
- Oversee the worship experience and develop team members for various ministries.
- Assist in weekly service programming; using CCLI Worship Backtracks, adding/typing worship lyrics into Video Psalm (training available), and ensuring instrument, microphone, and
soundboardis operational, properly maintained, and secured.
- Creatively work with Pastors to create song arrangements, original songs
andbacktracks, click tracks, etc.
- Serve as “quality control” for weekend service assets.
Role Model in Personal Life:
- Model behavior (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Model biblical community in his relationships (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32).
- Model biblical family life before the body (Eph 5:22-6:4).
- Model biblical integrity in all things (1 Tim 6:11-12).
- Current partner that agrees with the mission, vision, values, and doctrinal statement.
- Have received Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.
- Must have min. 1-year experience in leading/assisting with Worship.
- Consistent church and event attendance.
- Proficient understanding of scripture.
- Be musically proficient (have an understanding of basic music theory) and be able to lead vocally.
- Have the ability to coach and lead a team of experienced and beginner worship team members.
- Flexibility to sing multiple genres of Christian music (e.g., hymns, contemporary
christian, gospel, etc.).
- Flexibility to learn and/or sing in Spanish and English.
- Willingness to learn VideoPsalm (other similar software knowledge acceptable).
- Have the ability to read lead sheets and/or willing to learn.
- Have the ability to read music and/or willing to learn (recommended).
Important skills/personal traits
- Have the ability to communicate, lead and engage with the team and congregation from a stage setting.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently, while also being able to function cooperatively as a member of a team; demonstrating Christs’ love and patience.
- Align with the mission, vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Venture Community Church.